- Posted at 11:50, November 11, 2013
- By Russ Bleemer
Your early look at tomorrow’s news:
- Community Board 4 officials in the Bronx “are apoplectic” over the number of social service facilities and are fighting against the latest, a homeless shelter at 1387 Grand Concourse. The Daily News says that development is being strangled.
- More Nimby, via the New York Times, this time downtown, as the city seeks to relocate the Criminal Summons Court to move Thomas Street, in TriBeCa, right across from the neighborhood anchor, the Odeon restaurant, and a part of the Probation Department, to John Street. The agencies are moving from 346 Broadway, the former New York Life Insurance Co. headquarters.
- The Times profiles an “international real estate consultant” of Russian origin who places foreign clients into fancy NYC digs, here. Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/bronx/homeless-shelter-riles-concourse-article-1.1513614#ixzz2kOyIrYbK
- Real estate legend, TV star and former presidential non-candidate Donald Trump spent a less-than-triumphant Veterans Day insulting servicemen on Twitter, and then being attacked as a draft dodger. A response destined to rival the Donald's “You’re fired!”: #YourWifeIsWaitingForYouToDie. Full details and Trumps original offensive tweet in the Daily News, here.
And ... finishing off Monday stories:
- The Daily News suggested strongly that if you are running a house of worship—in this particulary case, a Harlem mosque—hang onto your lease, because development will not let you back in, since there are luxury apartments that need to be built.
- A Crain’s New York Business blog voicing--full-throated—support for Midtown East rezoning right now.
- The New York Post posted a big photo gallery on the “coolest workplace ever,” Apple’s new Cupertino, Calif., office.
- Finally, a WSJ blog reported Sunday that the feds are continuing to take long looks at the operations of mortgages REITs.